Re: [m2e-dev] Maven 3.1.x as embedded in m2e

Hi Igor,

> Yes, I am talking about org.eclipse.m2e.maven.runtime and few related
> bundles, like netty and async-http-client (although we'll likely change
> http transport to something else in 1.5). These bundles are not
> singletons (which we did specifically to accommodate Code Recommenders
> requirements), so in theory multiple versions of maven embedder should
> be able to coexist in the same runtime provided they are referenced
> using Require-Bundle.

yes, Require-Bundle seems like the safest solution. Luckily, we were,
after some refactoring of Code Recommenders, able to remove much
exposure of Aether packages from our public API. Only a few bundles pass
Artifacts around and thus need to agree on Artifact's classloader.

> I don't know what to do with clients that use Import-Package. Even if it
> was obvious how to version individual exported packages, which it is
> not, I am not sure package versions will be sufficient to guarantee OSGi
> framework wire consistent set of dependencies.

Well, my hope still is that org.eclipse.aether will come with complete
versioning + uses information for its bundles (it's looking quite good
already, but we cannot use a version < 1.0 of it), but that may be some
time of.

Anyways, I'll keep an eye on 1.5 and start testing early.

Best wishes,

Andreas

--
Codetrails UG (haftungsbeschränkt)