Re: [m2e-dev] Maven 3.1.x as embedded in m2e

Hi,

> Yes, maven 3.1 embedded runtime is coming hopefully before 1.5 is out
> but I can't promise specific schedule. Of course, quality patches can
> help move things along faster, but do talk to Jason before doing any work.
>
> No, it will not be possible to provide 3.1 as separately installable
> feature. m2e will have to updated to reflect changes to susi and aether,
> so it will not be compatible with earlier versions of embedder. External
> maven installations will of course work.

you are talking about org.eclipse.m2e.maven.runtime, right? What about
other projects (like the upcoming Eclipse Code Recommenders 2.0) that
use this bundle as their supplier of Aether and related libraries.

Will a 1.4 and an 1.4 org.eclipse.m2e.maven.runtime be able to coexist
at runtime? Currently, ...maven.runtime exports packages without
versions, so this may cause problems for us.

Best wishes,

Andreas
--
Codetrails UG (haftungsbeschränkt)