you shouldn't combine m2e with maven-eclipse-plugin as they are mutually incompatible. If m2e works for you there's not reason to use m-e-p.

Cheers,
Rafał

On 06/01/2013 06:01 AM, Artur Drummond wrote:
Just sending this message to dev-group

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Artur Drummond <arturbdr@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, Jun 1, 2013 at 12:49 AM
Subject: Problem after executing Maven Task "eclipse:eclipse" - Unsupported IClasspathEntry kind=4
To: m2e-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hey guys!

I've already found one workaround for this problem but I'd like to understand more about the plugin and maven tasks and try to implement a definitive solution.

I have a maven project in Eclipse Juno SR2 and every time that I run the task "eclipse:eclipse"on this project, maven re-generate .classpath.

No problem, right? After all, this was the purpose of this task... however the problem is HOW the .classpath file is generated.
Usually, this task include many "var" referencing the jars from my "~/.m2" repository.

Here is an example of one line containing the use of var:

<classpathentry kind="var" path="M2_REPO/javax/javaee-web-api/6.0/javaee-web-api-6.0.jar"/>

The problem is when I try to use this option after:

Inline image 1

I got the following problem:

Inline image 2

This is very common problem and a little but annoying (usually other programmers commit .classpath after generating with eclipse:eclipse)

What do you guys can suggest me?

Thanks,

Artur Drummond