eclipse bundle installation and is the easiest to use from the user
point of view.

If you need to integrate with existing "native" eclipse tooling then you
almost certainly want to write a project configurator.

In all other cases you probably have to write a project configurator,
but it is also possible we can improve BuildContext API such that you
don't need to.

Igor

On 2013-05-07 12:58 PM, Benjamin Busjaeger wrote:
Hi Igor,

Thanks for your response. I was using this page as a starting point to
understand the available options:

http://wiki.eclipse.org/M2E_plugin_execution_not_covered

It recommends implementing a project configurator and build participant
and deploying them as an eclipse plug-in as described here:

http://wiki.eclipse.org/M2E_Extension_Development

Is this option mainly intended to wrap existing maven-plugins and to
provide more extensive eclipse project configuration capabilities? (Btw.
It would be nice if the document had a section on how to provision these
m2e connectors, i.e. create repository, deploy to it, and make it
available to eclipse developers; at a minimum some pointers to the right
tycho docs would be useful.)

Are you suggesting that if I write my own plugin, I should instead
include the lifecycle mapping in my maven plugin and use the build
context API to add incremental behavior, as described here?

http://wiki.eclipse.org/M2E_compatible_maven_plugins

- Ben

On Mon, May 6, 2013 at 7:48 PM, Igor Fedorenko <igor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx