[m2e-dev] maven execution context

I pushed rather big change to m2e core [1] that introduces new concept
of maven execution context. Maven execution context encapsulates maven
execution request, maven session and other objects related to the
session state. ThreadLocal is used to associate maven execution context
with threads and provide consistent session configuration for all
interactions with maven core from the same thread.

The change also deprecates many key methods of IMaven and
IMavenProjectRegistry APIs. The deprecated methods are still expected to
work but users of the deprecated API methods should move to the new
methods to benefit from the fixes/improvements provided by the maven
execution context.

Because of the new API m2e 1.4 will require new version of the discovery
catalog. I have not setup the new catalog yet, but will do this "soon".

I've been running this code for couple of weeks without any problems
(and with all the fixes) but if you notice anything odd please let me
know either here or via bugzilla.

[1] https://git.eclipse.org/c/m2e/m2e-core.git/commit/?id=293a1c09ed3ec5401093b7b3b783ea161838b6f0

Igor

Back to the top