[m2e-dev] m2e and maven-resources-plugin

Hi there,

I’m hoping you can help me here since I’ve been scratching my head over this for a while now!

We are seeing some undesirable behaviour in eclipse as regards our maven projects. For no apparent reason our projects often get cleaned and re-built, which can be a big time waster.

I’ve been investigating this and think I’ve tracked it down to the m2e integration for the maven-resources-plugin. If I debug the resources plugin, org.apache.maven.shared.filtering.DefaultMavenResourcesFiltering calls the org.eclipse.m2e.core.internal.builder.EclipseBuildContext.hasDelta() methods – but I see these are hard coded to return true!

I think the upshot of what happens is every time eclipse decides it needs to copy maven resources, they get copied to target/classes, which then triggers eclipse into a build cycle. This is mentioned here http://wiki.eclipse.org/M2E_compatible_maven_pluginsOut-of-sync files under target/classes or target/test-classes can also cause unexpected JDT "clean" builds”

Are you able to offer any advice regarding this?

Many thanks,

Paul

Paul Hardaker

Software Developer

Unit4_logo_BS_Mail.jpg

UNIT4 Business Software

Cardale Park, Beckwith Head Rd, Harrogate, N. Yorks, HG3 1RY

T +44 (0) 1423 537907  |  F +44 (0) 1423 503735

E paul.hardaker@xxxxxxxxx  |  I  www.unit4.com

This message and any attachment(s) are intended only for the use of the named recipient and may contain information that is privileged,

confidential or otherwise exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by return

e-mail and delete this message from your system. Do not disclose the contents of this document to any other persons. Violation of this notice

may be unlawful. Please note that internet communications are not secure and e-mails are susceptible to change. Thank you for your cooperation.

Back to the top