[m2e-dev] Lifecycle mapping metadata configuration

Hello m2e developer,

I'm trying to write a plugin for Eclipse that will include the lifecycle-mapping-metadata for a Maven plugin for Liferay development: com.liferay.maven.plugins:liferay-maven-plugin

This maven plugin for Liferay defines several custom goals that are all prefixed by liferay, e.g:
liferay:build-css
liferay:build-ext
liferay:build-thumbnail
liferay:theme-merge

All Liferay maven plugins use package type war, When I try to import a project using m2e (and m2e-wtp is used as well since all liferay maven plugins use packagingType:war), I have plugin executions not covered (see attached screenshot).

So I'm trying to add a new plugin to Liferay IDE (bunch of liferay related eclipse plugins) that will handle the m2e plugin execution lifecycle mapping for these 4 custom liferay goals that exist on "war" packages.  You can see my attempt here:

And to see the lifecycle-mapping-metadata.xml it is here:

However, when I run this in my dev environment, m2e import wizard still complains with the same error about those executions not being covered (see attached screenshot).  I have debugged many times through m2e core's lifecycle mapping detection code and I have confirmed it is reading my metadata.xml file, but for some reason it is not matching those executions on the project import.

Here is the source to the project that I'm trying to import that is giving me the errors in the import wizard so you can see for reference:

https://github.com/gamerson/liferay-ide/tree/master/maven/tests/com.liferay.ide.maven.core.tests/projects/6.1.1/sample-theme

Any help would be appreciated to see what I'm missing as why my m2e-extension plugin is not doing what it needs to get these custom goals properly recognized as configured.  Thanks for anyone taking time to help out.

--
Greg Amerson
Liferay Developer Tools