Re: [m2e-dev] Passing additional parameters to maven buildet

Either put the profile in your settings.xml or in a parent project all other projects will inherit from. Last option is to define the m2e profile on all of these projects

On Sat, Dec 1, 2012 at 12:20 PM, Andrey Rusak <rusak@xxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Fred and thank you for your fast response.

Yes I know how profile works, thanks. But there is another problem of how Maven initialize and inherits property values.

Let me please provide scenario. When I’m building project A, which has project B in dependency. Both of them use the same variable ${abc}, which I can define in maven profile as you are suggesting.

Then I perform build of project A. Maven applies variable value ${abc}=foo for project A, BUT it does not apply it for project B!

The problem is sorted only when I set variable value directly in command line like –Dabc=foo. Then Maven applies this variable value for all projects and their dependencies. It’s not a problem when you build projects from command line. You always can specify this variable.

But other hand is Eclipse, which tries to build workspace with “default” parameters, and I have no Idea how to pass this variable value to Eclipse to build my workspace properly.

From: Fred Bricon [mailto:fbricon@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, November 30, 2012 6:29 PM
To: Andrey Rusak; Maven Integration for Eclipse developers mailing list
Subject: Re: [m2e-dev] Passing additional parameters to maven buildet

you can either create a m2e profile in your pom.xml, that will only be active when working within eclipse, like :

<profiles>

 <profile>
   <id>m2e</id>

   <activation>
     <property>

       <name>m2e.version</name>
     </property>
   </activation>
   <properties>
     <abc>foo</abc>
   </properties>
 </profile>
</profiles>

Or set a similar profile in your settings.xml

HIH

Fred Bricon