Re: [m2e-dev] <runOnConfiguration> and copying resources

On Oct 19, 2012, at 9:06 AM, Josh Beitelspacher <josh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In my case I'm having trouble with the CXF codegen plugin. I'm doing
> some filtering (using the maven resources plugin) on the WSDL prior to
> running code generation, but during the configuration build CXF
> complains about missing files and then fails to add the generated
> source directory. I want to contribute a patch to CXF, but in order to
> do that I need a good way to detect the configuration build.

Yep, sounds like a very similar problem.

So here's what I'm thinking now:

(1) During the search for files with hasDelta=true, I should ignore any errors that come up in the search, and interpret those errors as hasDelta=false. That way, on an import/configuration build, I always only come up with hasDelta=false.

(2) In the case that I do find a hasDelta=true file, then I can restart the search for input files, and if any errors happen now, they're real errors that should be reported, not ignored. Assuming no errors occur, I can then run the code generation as usual.

Igor, does this sound like the recommended approach?

Steve

Back to the top