[m2e-dev] Indexing Maven Repositories

Guys,

Can I clarify something with you quickly please.

As you probably know (because I have emailed here many times before) we have an rcp-based tool that creates maven-based web applications using m2e.

During releng we also embed a “snapshot” of our maven repo, hosted at localhost:xxxx, that carries our target platform runtime as well as all the required maven libraries.  We build this repo using the maven-dependency-plugin:go-offline goal, driving that with our archetype POMs as the notional projects to take offline.  This works well.  I had to patch maven-dependency-plugin so it downloaded surefire etc but it works well.

Currently, we then use the nexus indexer jar to create a nexus index of that repository so that at runtime m2e can gte it when it wants to.  Early on in the project I didn’t have much time to investigate why m2e was requesting this index file and it was just easier to set releng up to the indexing than it was to do anything else.

However, do we need to do the nexus indexing step?    Why does m2e request this index file and can that be turned off?

Many thanks,

_Paul

Use the SOFTWARE principle in your development!

S eparate API from implementation

O SGi over J2EE

F ind simplest/smallest solution

T est drive your development

W ork out your alternatives
A ssertions and checked exceptions
R euse dont re-write, and refactor often

E ngage others early

Back to the top