Re: [m2e-dev] Can a m2e compatible plugin register a folder as Eclipse project source folder?

Yes, I've added this in 1.1 and it is documented in [1]. You basically
need to map plugin mojo(s) to <execute> with runOnConfiguration=true. No
need to do anything special in the mojo, just add the source folders to
MavenProject instance and m2e will do the rest.

[1] http://wiki.eclipse.org/M2E_compatible_maven_plugins

Igor