Re: [m2e-dev] Scanning for changed files in a m2e compatible Maven plugin

No, you are not missing anything. Currently BuildContext only allows
optimization of in-workspace build and you need to code out-of-workspace
optimization separately.

We looked at providing more general build avoidance solution that would
work both at command line and inside m2e [1] we never really finished this.

[1] https://github.com/etesla/tesla-build-avoidance

Igor