[m2e-dev] Why org.eclipse.m2e.tests.common exported as x-internal?

Greetings,

Is org.eclipse.m2e.tests.common exported as x-internal intentionally?

<http://git.eclipse.org/c/m2e/m2e-core.git/tree/org.eclipse.m2e.tests.common/META-INF/MANIFEST.MF?id=releases/1.1/1.1.0.20120530-0009>

I'm getting the following Eclipse warning trying to write a m2e connector test:

	Discouraged access: The type AbstractMavenProjectTestCase is not accessible due to restriction on required library /Applications/Eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.m2e.tests.common_1.1.0.20120530-0009.jar

I tried to modify the access rules for the bundle via Java Build Path > Libraries > Plun-in Dependencies, but the settings changes don't seem to survive a restart of Eclipse.  Alternatively I can mask the warning with '@SuppressWarnings("restriction")', but that has to be done at the class level with the offending API in the extends clause.

Thanks,

Ian

Back to the top