Re: [m2e-dev] Making m2e connectors development scale for the community

On Jul 4, 2012, at 2:29 PM, Rafał Krzewski wrote:

While we are at streamlining the extension catalog, maybe we could create some guidelines how the catalog entries should look like?
I mean, what should be the format of extension names, and what information should go into description and overview:summary fields.

Good ideas. As I mentioned to Andrew I'm writing some doco and I'll have a working proposal shortly. Hopefully by the end of the week.

This extends to the constituent Eclipse plugins / features / categories names and metadata.
While it's certainly not critical, as the number of extension increases the Catalog starts to look quite messy. Same goes for About > Installed Software dialog, after the extensions are installed...

Anything we can do to make it more consistent and usable sounds like a good plan.

I'll try and get the doco up as fast as I can.

Cheers,
Rafał