Re: [m2e-dev] resolving implicit dependency in project configurator

You are correct, there is one and only one ILifecycleMapping/2 per
project. ILifecycleMapping2 won't help if you expect to have multiple
AbstractMavenLifecycleParticipant's. Looks like m2e needs some new APIs
to properly support this scenario.

Also, even though it is possible to embed the 'separate core jar' in an
eclipse plugin, there is no way to guarantee the embedded version will
match the version use by projects at cli (think different plugin
versions in pom.xml). For this reason it is always desirable to delegate
execution to the code coming from project extensions realm.

Igor