Re: [m2e-dev] resolving implicit dependency in project configurator

For m2e-apt, I needed to add a plugin's dependencies to the classpath, so I ended up doing that (based on MavenModelManager#readDependencyTree ) :
https://github.com/jbosstools/m2e-apt/blob/master/org.jboss.tools.maven.apt.core/src/org/jboss/tools/maven/apt/internal/utils/PluginDependencyResolver.java

I usually let a custom buildparticipant (returned by the project configurator) doing the plugin invocation, like  https://github.com/jbosstools/m2e-apt/blob/master/org.jboss.tools.maven.apt.core/src/org/jboss/tools/maven/apt/internal/processor/MavenProcessorBuildParticipant.java , not sure if the runOn* attributes apply there though. Igor should know better.