[m2e-dev] M2E-WTP and Processed Web Resources

Greetings,

I'm looking to patch the YUI Compressor Maven Plugin to be m2e 1.1 compatible per http://wiki.eclipse.org/M2E_compatible_maven_plugins.  I also want the output to be hot-deployed by m2e-wtp when inside Eclipse, and be included by the Maven WAR Plugin as well.

My rough thinking is to output to ${project.build.directory}/processed-resources or so, and instruct users to add that as a webResources directory for the Maven WAR Plugin.  If I'm correctly reading https://github.com/sonatype/m2eclipse-wtp/wiki/What-is-this-web-resources-folder%3F, my understanding is that m2e-wtp will add the WAR plugin's webResources to .settings/org.eclipse.wst.common.component automatically upon project configuration.  Then so long as I buildContext.refresh('${project.build.directory}/processed-resources') after compression the resources will be hot-deployed.

Does that all sound right, and if so is it the best practice for something like this?

Thanks,

Ian

Back to the top