Re: [m2e-dev] m2e-ifying maven plugins

Let me attempt to make my case:

m2e-wtp works fine for running a web app inside the workspace. m2e-wtp has no problem publishing the artifacts found using workspace resolution mode. Sometimes I find it necessary to package a snapshot WAR from artifacts found when resolving workspace artifacts to run outside of the workspace environment.

There is an option in the Maven run dialog to resolve workspace artifacts. This causes m2e to provide the workspace artifact's target/classes to be packaged into the war instead of an already packaged artifact for further packaging.

If I recall correctly, the maven-assembly-plugin responds properly to recieving a folder tree of classes instead of a packaged artifact when it goes to package a jar. This patch extends the same functionality to the maven-war-plugin.