[m2e-dev] Maven Updates

Hi Guys,

Wondering if you might be able to answer this for me.

We are building an IDE for our platform on top of eclipse and m2e.

When a user of our IDE creates an application project, that project’s pom.xml specifies a snapshot update policy of “always”.

Now from the maven documentation I believe this means maven will check for newer snapshots every time it is started.

What I am trying to figure out is when does m2e “start” maven.  Is it just for Run As/Debug As invocations?  Does it include maven incremental builder invocations?  Does m2e force a check during start-up of eclipse/m2e plugins themselves?

Thanks in advance

_Paul

Back to the top