[m2e-dev] Issue not resolving dependencies when IDE starts

Hi,

I've been working with Christopher on the _javascript_-maven-tools project and have implemented the first version of our m2e plugin which provides IDE support for our _javascript_-maven-plugin [1], following on from the direction Igor gave Chris in their recent discussion.

I've got most things working now using the lifecycleMappings and lifecycleMappingsMetadataSource extension points; we get the dynamically configured dependencies resolved via m2e and we get dynamically configured resource folders visible in Eclipse as source folders.
    There is one major issue remaining and I'm hoping someone may be able to point us in the right direction - when you start the IDE with an open maven project which uses the _javascript_-maven-plugin extension, neither the ILifecycleMapping.configure() method or the AbstractMavenDependencyResolver.resolveProjectDependencies() method are called, so none of our custom project configuration happens. The workaround is to manually right-click on the project and select "Maven >  Update Project Configuration".
    I note that when if the project is closed when you start the IDE, when you open the project these methods are called and configuration occurs as expected. But I'm not sure of the right place to allow us to run our plugin code when the editor is started with an open project.
    You can see the project source online here [2] if that helps (and the main class is here [3]).

Any pointers as to the right way to do this would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ben Jones.

[1] http://mojo.codehaus.org/_javascript_-maven-tools/_javascript_-maven-plugin/index.html
[2] https://fisheye.codehaus.org/browse/mojo/trunk/mojo/_javascript_-maven-tools/_javascript_-ide-helpers/_javascript_-maven-plugin-m2e/
[3] https://fisheye.codehaus.org/browse/mojo/trunk/mojo/_javascript_-maven-tools/_javascript_-ide-helpers/_javascript_-maven-plugin-m2e/src/org/codehaus/mojo/_javascript_/m2e/_javascript_MavenToolsLifecycleMapping.java?r=15572

Back to the top