Re: [m2e-dev] m2e debug tips?

It's hard to recommend anything specific given the level of details you
provided, but you can find some generic and vague advice inline ;-)

Igor

On 11-10-17 3:00 PM, Andrei Pozolotin wrote:
Hello, guys;

can you please share some m2e debug tips?

1) I have few projects with m2e which work fine on linux eclipse, but
on windows they get into "build loop";

The easiest is probably to run m2e under debugger. Assuming you are
using m2e 1.1, development environment is fairly easy to setup and then
you should be able to understand changes to what resources trigger the
build.

2) some other projects, with multi-level poms, and lots of pom
features configured, but then disabled for m2e life cycles,
incremental m2e build is very slow; (so we have to turn off m2e
builder)

I am not sure I understand what you mean by "pom features", but I'd
start by running the problematic workspace under a profiler and see if
anything stands out.

what is generic approach to profiling / debugging this kind of
thing?

Thank you,

Andrei

Back to the top