Re: [m2e-dev] build-before-launch ? background m2e task ?

See inline.

Igor

On 11-10-12 5:17 PM, Andrei Pozolotin wrote:
    Hello;

    1) I am developing a m2e extension on the lines of:
    http://wiki.eclipse.org/M2E_Extension_Development

    2) In need to cover 2 executions:

    a) http://felix.apache.org/site/apache-felix-maven-scr-plugin-use.html
    org.apache.felix:maven-scr-plugin:scr

    b)
    http://felix.apache.org/site/apache-felix-maven-bundle-plugin-bnd.html
    org.apache.felix:maven-bundle-plugin:manifest

    QUESTIONS:

    A) I need to run both of the above goals right before java
    application launch via eclipse launcher;
    (I do not want to run them on incremental build)
    how m2e gives access to "build-before-launch" JDT event?

Can you provide some documentation pointers or other information that
explains how to implement build-before-launch "handler"?

    B) if there is no m2e access to "build-before-launch" JDT event,
    can I run these goals on background, in async thread pool w/o
    blocking m2e builder invocation?
    (so incremental build just serves as a trigger for background rebuild)

This really depends on what you need to do. If your project configurator
needs access to workspace, especially change any workspace resources, it
will likely be easier to run this code as part of a builder. If the code
does not make any changes to workspace, it is probably be okay to run
this as a background job.

    C) maven-bundle-plugin life cycle is already mapped by some other
    m2e extension;
    (I receive "conflicting life cycle mappings" error)
    how can I override that? how can I find which other extension is
    doing that?

m2e-tycho provides mapping for maven-bundle-plugin bundle and manifest
goals. Either uninstall m2e-tycho project configurator or force use of
your project configurator from pom.xml file.

[1] http://wiki.eclipse.org/M2E_plugin_execution_not_covered

    Thank you,

    Andrei