[m2e-dev] Providing alternative "root dependencies" for the project

Hello,

Is it possible to extend/reuse m2e so that root project dependencies could be provided by an extension of mine ?

I'm thinking of the best way to reuse m2e from not a pom.xml file, but from a leiningent's project.clj file.

Granted, some features of m2e will make no sense (esp. the pom editors, the maven goal launchers), but all the machinery which is only driven from the contents of pom.xml in their AST form could potentially be reused if I'm able to load from not a pom.xml file, but a project.clj file, no ?

I've searched through the existing "*maven" extension points, without success, so far.

I know I could go ahead with just using Aether for my own feature independent of m2e, but in the end I would en up rewriting lots of supporting code e.g. in the GUI area, for user options (one example among others: support for user configurable "force check of remote repositories for SNAPSHOT deps" option, etc.).

I am asking here if you think it is a reasonable expectation for me to think what I want to achieve is feasible ; and if so, if you could help me start by givin me some advices.

Thanks in advance,

-- Laurent Petit

Back to the top