[m2e-dev] Questions about the Maven Builder

Hello World,

I'm not sure about the answer so I think it's best if I forward the question here :

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Maven builder
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 16:30:55 -0700
From: Alexey Kazakov <akazakov@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: fbricon@xxxxxxxxxx, jbosstools-dev <jbosstools-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Fred,

Fighting with Jose Freitas' problem with not-working code completion for JSF tags I looked at his .project file: http://pastebin.com/bDLDDq2C
There is a builder org.eclipse.m2e.core.maven2Builder which is declared as the last one in the list of the builders. Eventually we found the reason of not-working code completion. It's not related to maven stuff at all (he didn't install JSF tools: https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-9397 ). But anyway, could it be a problem if the maven builder declared last? For instance:

1. Java builder build the project.
2. CDI builder builds the project using Java model (cdi builder should be declared after Java builder and we create a problem marker if it's not so).
3. KB builder builds the project using Java model (so we check the build order again).
4. WST validation builder validate the project. We extend this validation and check if CDI, KB, Seam builders declared before the WST builder.

So, what about Maven? Does it do anything that could influence CDI, JSF, Seam and don't trigger a new cycle of building? Should we care if maven declared after CDI/KB/WST?
I tested Jose's project and everything seems to work, but I could miss something.

Thanks for you insights.

Regards,

Fred Bricon