Re: [m2e-dev] testing m2e conectors

I have another question regarding resting m2e connectors.

The test modules in m2eclipse-extras contain "remoterepo" directories that contain slices of maven repository with dependencies required by the test projects, plugged in as "central" repository using settings.xml.

This strikes me as weird, because NOT putting jars into SCM repositories is one of core tenets of Maven!

I tried setting up my test project without this, but I found that the projects' dependencies are downloaded from repo1 without problems, the build hangs for a long time downloading repository index (not to mention several hundred MB bandwidth burned / disk space used)

My tests don't need to use the index and I'd be happy to disable the download. I've looked at org.eclipse.m2e.core.embedder.IMavenConfiguration, hoping I could disable index download during initialization of my test case, but first, IMavenConfiguration does not have setUpdateIndexesOnStartup method, second, even if it did, that could have been not enough, because when AbstractMavenProjectTestCase.setUp is executed, the test application is already running and the index download has started.

This makes me wonder if the repoterepo thing is used only to avoid repository index download, or is there another reason I am not aware of? Index download is a showstopper for running tests so I will go forward with commiting jars to SCM, but if there is any other solution, I'd like to try it out :)

cheers,
Rafał

Back to the top