Re: [m2e-dev] Contributing m2e extension

----- Forwarded message -----
From: "Rafał Krzewski" <rafal.krzewski@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, Jul 1, 2011 10:26
Subject: Re: [m2e-dev] Contributing m2e extension
To: "Harald Wellmann" <Harald.Wellmann@xxxxxx>

If I read things correctly, having your plugin uploaded to a webserver is sufficient to make it available through m2e marketplace.
You could also upload the update site to a webserver and unzip it into a directory - this would make it installable through Eclipse "Install new software" mechanism.

I have filed a request for an account on oss.sonatype.org. Uploading the released plugins to Nexus will make them available for inclusion in the discovery catalog, which is what I'm aiming for. The second advantage of oss.sonatype.org is that it serves as a,staging repository for repo1.maven.org, and I am writing connectors for some maven plugins I wrote myself, and I hope to post them on repo1 eventually.

Nexus Pro has P2 repository hosting feature, so if you happen to have access to an instance you could make your connectors installable from there. Again oss.sonatype.org could possibly be an option, but I don't know if P2 hosting is part of OSS service.

Anyway discovery catalog is the preffered option, and P2 installation for in-house stuff is managable using webserver with ssh access.

Disclaimer: I'm relatively new to this so I hope I'm not spreading misinformation :)

Cheers,
Rafał