[m2e-dev] Regarding a Technical Question Not related to m2e

I have a technical question. But it is not regarding m2eclipse. But m2e developers have done it. I am a gsoc accepted student and implementing a integration plugin for apache cayenne. I want to know How do to override eclipse existing xml editor from another external editor ? eg : pom.xml is opened with m2e editor while web.xml is opened with default xml edior ?
 As I understood you have done it  using
           <contentTypeBinding contentTypeId="org.eclipse.
m2e.core.pomFile"/>
Actually I did not get this  ?   Can some body please explain the flow ?

--
~Thanks & Regards~

P.A.Eshan Sudharaka
University of Moratuwa