Re: [m2e-dev] order of configuration

Here's the situation. The PMD eclipse plugin looks to see if the
project has 'java nature'. if it doesn't, it throws. When it throws,
m2e does a series of unhelpful things culminating in a totally
mysterious dialog box. The problem is that the M2EErrorDialog.java
class doesn't render any information from the exceptions, so one ends
up with a bland 'something went wrong' that doesn't even point to a
particular plugin, let alone an explanation.

I was able to work around this by checking for java nature and just
returning false from the PMD configurator. The result seems to be that
m2e says to itself, 'OK, let's try this later.' and it does, and it
succeeds.

Is this all intended? Or should I go ahead with the secondary business?