Re: [m2e-dev] Eclipse hang when importing project: Retrieving listing

Please open a bugreport.

Igor

On 11-04-18 10:33 AM, Julien HENRY wrote:
Hi,

I'm testing latest snapshot of m2eclipse and I have a blocking issue. When I try to import existing project into workspace, import wizard hangs after selecting source folder. The message is "Retrieving listing" and it last forever. Of course unable to close the modal window as it say there is an active operation. Unable to cancel the task (red button is clickable but ineffective as usual ;) ) I tried to kill Eclipse and restart but still same issue. I suspect an infinite timeout issue. I tried to unplug my network cable. I tried to disable my corporate proxy, resulting in the following message in logs:
!ENTRY org.eclipse.m2e.logback.appender 4 0 2011-04-18 16:08:13.615
!MESSAGE Status ERROR: org.eclipse.equinox.p2.discovery code=0 Failed to discover all connectors. null children=[Status ERROR: org.eclipse.equinox.p2.discovery code=0 M2ERemoteBundleDiscoveryStrategy failed with an error org.eclipse.equinox.p2.core.ProvisionException: Unknown Host: http://download.eclipse.org/technology/m2e/discovery/directory.xml]

But still the wizard will hang...

Any suggestion?

eclipse.buildId=I20110310-1119
java.version=1.6.0_24
java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
BootLoader constants: OS=linux, ARCH=x86_64, WS=gtk, NL=fr_FR

   m2e - Maven Integration for Eclipse (Incubation)    0.13.0.201104180713    org.eclipse.m2e.feature.feature.group

Thanks,

Julien