Re: [m2e-dev] General approach to plugins versus eclipse

I am not sure what 'temporary' mojo you are referring to.

Here is a brief overlook of possible ways to integrate maven with eclipse.

If you integrate with existing Eclipse tooling, like AJDT, then you most
likely want to suppress execution of corresponding mojos inside
eclipse.

If there is no existing Eclipse tooling, you can execute the mojo and
make sure Eclipse workspace is updated accordingly. This is how m2e
integrates with maven-resources-plugin for example. plexus-build-api [1]
allows workspace changes from a mojo.

Sometimes you need to both make changes to Eclipse project
configuration and execute mojos during the build. For antlr and modello
plugins, for example, m2e configures java source projects then runs
actual mojos to generate the code during workspace build.

Hope this helps.

[1] https://svn.sonatype.org/spice/trunk/plexus-build-api

Igor