[m2e-dev] m2e 0.12.0 released

The M2Eclipse Team is happy to announce the release of M2Eclipse 0.12.0.
This M2Eclipse release comes with the Maven 3.0 (final) version of the
embedder. Another notable change is the inclusion of a brand-new http
transport layer based on JBoss Netty [2] and Ning Async Http Client [3].
The new release is already available from the usual update site [1] and
we will update the m2eclipse installation page later today.

This M2Eclipse version contains API changes that make many existing
M2Eclipse Extensions incompatible. To avoid confusion, we have updated
the M2Eclipse Extras update site to only include components compatible
with M2Eclipse 0.12.0. The old components are available from an archived
update site.

Special note for m2eclipse-wtp users. You can install a compatible
version from *staging* repository [4]. The official version will be
available from M2Eclipse Extras update site as soon as the m2eclipse-wtp
0.11.1 release is officially declared.

As we already mentioned, this will be the last m2eclipse-core released
from Sonatype. We are moving the code to the Eclipse Foundation, and we
will start publishing new snapshot builds from there as soon as we get
through the IP clearance process.

[1] http://m2eclipse.sonatype.org/sites/m2e
[2] http://www.jboss.org/netty
[3] http://github.com/AsyncHttpClient/async-http-client