[m2e-dev] m2e is moving to eclipse and other status update

Here is a quick update about what is going on at m2e.

The code is on its way to the Eclipse Foundation. The Eclipse IP team is
doing an awesome job at processing our ~50 CQs... In fact, we just got
approval to commit the initial contribution in Eclipse git repo.

That said, given that not all the CQs have been approved yet, the work
is still going on github (https://github.com/sonatype/m2eclipse-core),
but in the new namespace (org.eclipse.m2e). We will keep you posted when the code has completely moved.

Bug wise, we will likely leave them all behind and start fresh in
eclipse bugzilla
(https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi?product=m2e). Continue to
use current m2eclipse jira for now, we'll announce switch over separately.

Earlier this week, we kicked off a new iteration that will last for 3
weeks. The theme of this iterations are:
- Be ready to move to Eclipse. There are still some issues that need to
  be handled (see MNGECLIPSE-2413)
- Rework default lifecycle mapping (MNGECLIPSE-2426)
- Start the UI improvements (MNGECLIPSE-2403, MNGECLIPSE-2523, ...).

--
M2E Team

Back to the top