[m2e-dev] Release:prepare in interactive mode rather than batch mode?

Title: Release:prepare in interactive mode rather than batch mode?

I'm currently running m2Eclipse (Maven Integration for Eclipse version 0.9.8.200905041414) under Eclipse 3.5jee build 20090621-0832, and am finding that when executing the release:prepare goal from the Run Configuration widgit, the m2Eclipse plugin executes the command in batch mode. This is verified by looking at the Maven console when the m2Eclipse plugin runs:

Maven Console output:
          10/11/09 12:49:35 PM PDT:  mvn -B -X -e -s "C:\Documents and Settings\hatleyt\.m2\settings.xml" release:prepare

When running Maven from the command line, I can omit the "-B" (batch mode) flag and get the desired prompts from Maven, but from within the Run Configuration panel associated with an m2Eclipse Maven Build, there's no switch to turn batch mode on or off.  I've tried explicitly changing the <interactiveMode> element to "true" (default) in my settings.xml file, but the m2Eclipse plugin prepends the -B switch in regardless of the setting in the settings.xml file.

If I'm going to tag the release as something other than an incremental/minor release, how would I indicate the new major value to use when doing the release:prepare within m2Eclipse?

Any info/suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thomas

Back to the top