From: Andy Seaborne <andy@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: CVE-2022-28890: Apache Jena: Processing external DTDs
Date: W18 4 May 2022 at 23:26:45 CEST

Severity: medium

A vulnerability in the RDF/XML parser of Apache Jena allows an attacker to cause an external DTD to be retrieved.  This issue affects Apache Jena version 4.4.0 and prior versions.  Apache Jena 4.2.x and 4.3.x do not allow external entities.

Mitigation:

Users are advised to upgrade to Apache Jena 4.5.0 or later.

Credit:

Apache Jena would like to thank Feras Daragma, Avishag Shapira & Amit Laish (GE Digital, Cyber Security Lab) for their report.

Back to the top