From: Andy Seaborne <andy@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Java 8 or 11?
Date: 8 January 2021 at 23:45:12 CET

The Jena build has been switched to produce Java11 bytecode.

Nothing else in the codebase has been changed so this is easily reversible at the moment.

Using SNAPSHOT artifacts will get you Java11 bytecode.

There is currently some problems producing javadoc

One problem is [1] on early Java11 releases (11.0.1, 11.0.2, but not the GA release 11.0.0). Update-to-date Java11 is now 11.0.9 and works

Another is overlapping packages across modules using automatic module naming.

These do not affect the running of Jena.

   Andy