[lyo-dev] Fwd: Can RDF star support be deactivated?

Note to self to check this thoroughly.

--
Andrew

On 28 August 2020 at 02:52:36, Holger Knublauch (holger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

It's good to see the recently introduced RDF* features in Jena. But as
someone with a lot of existing Jena code, this low-level change poses a
number of challenges. For example we have many of places with variations of

if(rdfNode.isResource()) { if(rdfNode.isURIResource()) { } else { //
Here we now assume it's a blank node, yet this is no longer true // and
they node may also be a triple node } } else { // Must be a literal -
this hasn't changed }

which now need to be changed to handle rdfNode.isStmtResource() too. And
it should of course do so in a meaningful way.

I guess properly adjusting our code base will take many months, and it
will require a lot of testing and iterating.

In the meantime, is there a flag that we can set to deactivate RDF*
support in the parsers and SPARQL*? The page
https://jena.apache.org/documentation/rdfstar/ only states "it is active
by default in Fuseki" but doesn't show an API to do the same
programmatically.

Could you also give some background on the implications on TDB? I guess
if such new nodes end up in a database, then this database can no longer
work with older Jena versions?

Thanks
Holger

Back to the top