From:        Jad El-Khoury <jad@xxxxxx>
To:        Lyo project developer discussions <lyo-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "OASIS OSLC Open        Project (oslc-op@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)" <oslc-op@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:        03/05/2020 07:40 AM
Subject:        [EXTERNAL] [lyo-dev] OSLC rootservices with oauth1 vs oauth2
Sent by:        lyo-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi

In different contexts, we talked about providing a reference/demo toolchain based on Lyo. It would be also be good to show how this all fits together with some Jazz-based applications.

The main hurdle for me seems to be this oauth stuff.

Anyone in this community can shed light on this confusion I have? I posted the same question on https://jazz.net/forum/questions/268230/oslc-rootservices-with-oauth1-vs-oauth2. But thought maybe someone in this community have some insights too.

It seems that the latest version of Jazz supports OpenID Connect (oauth2++) for authentication, yet the rootservices document when establishing OSLC friends is still based on oauth1.

I am trying to integrate an external (non-IBM/Jazz) application with Rational Engineering Lifecycle Manager.

I already have support for oauth2/OIDC in that application.

Does I still have establish OSLC friendships using oauth1?

Can I not instead use oauth2 for that? If so, how should the rootservices document look like?

regards

Jad El-khoury, PhD

KTH Royal Institute of Technology

School of Industrial Engineering and Management, Mechatronics Division

Brinellvägen 83, SE-100 44 Stockholm, Sweden

Phone: +46(0)8 790 6877 Mobile: +46(0)70 773 93 45

jad@xxxxxx, www.kth.se