Re: [lyo-dev] JDK 11+ support?

BTW, the video is amazing! I recommend everyone to watch it, it's only 7min long.

--
/Andrew

5 feb. 2019 kl. 20:20 skrev Andrii Berezovskyi <andriib@xxxxxx>:

Thanks Jim both for the video link and for casting your vote!

The article is a good list but it wrong in one thing: Java  8 support from Oracle HAS ENDED https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Java_version_history#Java_SE_8

/A

On 2019-02-05 , at 19:48, Jim Amsden <jamsden@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I voted no. See https://dzone.com/articles/when-will-java-11-replace-java-8-as-the-default-jafor some motivation.

But really OSLC is providing software that enables integration. eclipse/Lyo can be seen as an integration service provider. So we shouldn't push upgrades like JDK 11 until our demand-side clients at least start asking for it. Our focus should be on the integrations that OSLC enables, not on optimization of their various parts.

You may find this enlightening as it also informs my systems thinking: https://dms.licdn.com/playback/C5605AQF6buoNgt4New/ebd3bdcf15484e02876ba99c48d8d4f2/feedshare-mp4_3300-captions-thumbnails/1507940147251-drlcss?e=1549479600&v=beta&t=8Hcig932ccryLnsKuK-8QH_-oc-Fo4ZSxIgXpz08YVA

But its also possible that this poll will prove me wrong and identify demand for JDK 11 that we weren't otherwise aware of.

Jim Amsden, Senior Technical Staff Member
OSLC and Linked Lifecycle Data
919-525-6575