Re: [lyo-dev] OSLC Consumer adapter generator - SOAP UI-like

Hi Jean-Luc & Jim,

There are plans to extend the existing generator to cover the consumer side. It will be based on the same generator project, meaning that in the end, the generator can support either a pure server, a pure client, or a combination of both.

The consumer code is relatively simple (see also https://wiki.eclipse.org/Lyo/BuildClient). I heard that a current workaround has been to (1) model the server the client needs to connect to (2) generator the code (3) copy the generated Resource classes into the client project. That covers most of the code one needs to generate.

But of course, it would be convenient to support the generation directly.

Practically, I planned to release an initial version this autumn.

If you are interested in this feature, maybe you can detail your needs/ideas in a new Lyo Bug (please assign to me so I get notifications) so we can take it from there?

Regards

Jad El-khoury, PhD

KTH Royal Institute of Technology

School of Industrial Engineering and Management, Mechatronics Division

Brinellvägen 83, SE-100 44 Stockholm, Sweden

Phone: +46(0)8 790 6877 Mobile: +46(0)70 773 93 45

jad@xxxxxx, www.kth.se