Re: [lyo-dev] Building Java samples on mac - setting the JDK in eclipse correctly

>  I'm using a mac with the OSLC4J samples and ran into a gotcha.  I was
> able to get around the problem by commenting out the javadoc plugins in
> the pom.xml for each of the projects I needed to build with maven.  I had
> to do this because of some quirk in the setup of the JDK on Mac (note: I
> am not using an IBM JDK).  I have Java 7 r67 and the launch configuration
> for maven points to that, but javadoc fails saying that JAVA_HOME isn't
> set correctly.

Hey, Richard. You should be able to skip Javadoc generation using

    -Dmaven.javadoc.skip=true

You can also set this in Eclipse if you select Run As -> Maven Build... (JRE ->
VM Arguments).

Is the problem simply that JAVA_HOME isn't set? The Environment tab in the
Maven Build... launch configuration dialog lets you set the right JAVA_HOME
value. You can also pick a different JRE in that dialog.

> In the doc for building the samples, should we mention to disable javadoc
> generation on mac or give them a solution to do this in eclipse?

We can mention this on the wiki. I had been considering making a wiki page for
common problems building Lyo.

--
Samuel Padgett | IBM Rational | spadgett@xxxxxxxxxx
Eclipse Lyo: Enabling tool integration with OSLC

Back to the top