Re: [lyo-dev] OSLC CLient thread-safe implementation

> I already posted on the open-services forum and got the hint by Steve
> Speicher to ask here for implementation details.
> As Steve Speicher already that the OSLC client is not implemented
> thread-safe, I would like to know if there are any solution or efforts,
> maybe unofficial also, to use the client in a mutli-threaded environment?

Hi, Benjamin. Apache HTTP client has good support for threading, so I don't
think it would be too difficult.  It might be as easy as using
PoolingHttpClientConnectionManager [1] and getting the HTTP client from
HttpClients rather than our client pool. We would need some code like this [2]
to handle self-signed certificates.

[1] http://hc.apache.org/httpcomponents-client-ga/httpclient/apidocs/org/apache/http/impl/conn/PoolingHttpClientConnectionManager.html
[2] http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19517538/ignoring-ssl-certificate-in-apache-httpclient-4-3/19950935#19950935

--
Samuel Padgett | IBM Rational | spadgett@xxxxxxxxxx
Eclipse Lyo: Enabling tool integration with OSLC

Back to the top