Re: [lyo-dev] Getting a list of DOORS baselines of a module using OSLC?

Hi, Peter. I think you'll need to ask the DOORS team. As far as I can tell, baselines are not part of the OSLC-RM specification, so they might not be supported in the DOORS provider.
--
Samuel Padgett | IBM Rational | spadgett@xxxxxxxxxx

Inactive hide details for Peter Raymond ---07/03/2013 09:01:24 AM---Hi, I would like to be able to get a list of baselines for Peter Raymond ---07/03/2013 09:01:24 AM---Hi, I would like to be able to get a list of baselines for a given module of requirements in DOORS a

Peter Raymond <praymond@xxxxxxxxxx>

"lyo-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx" <lyo-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

07/03/2013 09:01 AM

[lyo-dev] Getting a list of DOORS baselines of a module using OSLC?

    Sent by:

lyo-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

I would like to be able to get a list of baselines for a given module of requirements in DOORS and then query the requirements contained within that baseline.
Currently I have not found a way to do that using OSLC and DOORS 9.4/DWA 1.5.

If I query the catalogue (http://dwaserver:dwaport/dwa/rm/discovery/catalog) then walk the hierarchy of catalogs and service providers I get a structure that seems to have:

Database->Projects->Folders->Modules and Views

The Database is represented by a Service Catalogue.  Projects and Folders are also Service Catalogs.  Modules appear as Service Providers within a Folder Service Catalog.  Views are also represented as Service Providers under the Folder Service Catalog.  I did not find this documented anywhere…just reverse engineered it by packet sniffing and writing little test apps.

But I do not see baselines in that hierarchy.

For example on the DOORS sample database when dumping that hierarchy I see:

Service Provider Catalog with a title of “Training” (the database)
  That contains a Service Provider Catalog with a title of “EasyStart Tutorial” (the top level folder)
    That contains a Service Provider Catalog with a title of “EasyStart” (my project)
      That contains a Service Provider Catalog with a title of “Requirements” (another folder inside the project)
        That contains a Service Provider with a title of “Services for User Requirements” (this is my module)
        At the same level in the hierarchy I see a Service Provider for each view…e.g. “Services for User Requirements: 1. Basic View”, “User Requirements: Volatility” etc.

But nothing for the 3 baselines I have taken of the User Requirements.

Any idea how to get a list of baselines out of DOORS using OSLC?

Peter Raymond
Principal Software Architect
Serena Software
mailto: praymond@xxxxxxxxxx