Re: [lyo-dev] OSLC4J - Needs some pointers on how to create plain java client

Hi.

On Wed, 18 Apr 2012 11:56:55 -0400, Michael Fiedler <fiedler.mf@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Take a look at the OSLC4JChangeManagementTest, OSLC4JStockQuoteTest and
> OSLC4JTestTest projects.  They should not depend on any app server runtime.
>  You will still need the  Jena and Wink providers and acces to the POJO
> resource definitions for serialization/de-serialization.   The tests do a
> good bit of work sifting through catalogs and service providers.   Some of
> that could be simplified if you know your service provider info directly.

In which way is (OslcRestClient) dependant on the Wink provider ?

It seems to me that it is used in OSLC4JChangeManagementTest which seems
to be rather provider independant.

But I fear OslcRestClient is part of OSLC4JWink which includes both code
for a Wink Server / provider and Wink Client / consumer (for
OslcRestClient).

Wouldn't it be better to differentiate what depends on OSLC4JWink's
provider (requiring tomcat et al.) and the OSLC Rest Client (based on
Wink Client) in two separate packages, easing reuse of the client parts
for OSLC consumer implementors ?

Apologies if I'm mislead by the "complexity" of OSLC4J and my relative
ignorance of Java practices.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
--