[lts-iwg] No Support Sorrows in 2015!

No Support Sorrows in 2015!

The Eclipse Long Term Support (LTS) initiative now offers you many improvements, with many exciting plans for 2015 as well.

In 2014, we were working on improving the LTS infrastructure and getting the word out to the world. Improvements have been made to our website
http://lts.eclipse.org, we have created a marketplace for Eclipse LTS services (http://marketplace.eclipse.org/category/markets/long-term-support/title) where we have now listed quite a few companies providing LTS, and last but not least we have been discussing and presenting our LTS approach at various conferences and trade shows, including EclipseCon North America and EclipseCon Europe.

In 2014 we have also created a 12 month free
 trial-membership for LTS, giving companies the opportunity to test-drive our infrastructure and advertise their services. The offer was appreciated as you can see on our membership page (http://lts.eclipse.org/members).

For 2015, we will continue to market our offerings and attract clients for our members. We will learn more about the needs of all the LTS stakeholders and continue to improve the infrastructure accordingly. We are also working on a landing page for LTS requests.

If you will be attending EclipseCon North America (March 9 - 12 in San Francisco), be sure to stop by the LTS Information  Session on Tuesday afternoon.  We'll be in the Pine Room, 13:30 - 15:30 to answer questions and listen to your ideas about long term support.

We would like to hear from you!

On behalf of LTS Steering committee,
Jutta Bindewald (SAP)
Pat Huff (IBM)

Lisa Lasher
Release Manager, IBM Eclipse Software Development Kit (IES)
(919) 254-0057  (tieline 8-444-0057)

Back to the top