[lts-iwg] Running offline builds for LTS

Hi Everyone,

I pushed a commit [1] for review to LTS. This commit would allow me to enable a completely offline Eclipse Platform build for LTS per discussion in bug 410075 so that in the future if any dependencies on the internet disappear the LTS Eclipse Platform build will continue to be build-able. We plan to achieve this by depending on the Maven Local Cache which stores all the artifacts the build needs after running a regular build and we plan to snapshot this cache and back it up in case it ever gets corrupt or needs replacing.

Before this can happen though we need to apply a small patch [1] which removes a antrun script that does an external download an Eclipse Platform (Indigo) package. The use of this script was removed in the Kepler stream and but was never backported to Juno so my patch handles this backporting. Following the process for LTS I have submitted it for review.

[1] https://lts.eclipse.org/r/#/c/37/

Thanh

Back to the top