[lts-iwg] Collaboration Opportunty

Hello from Genuitec!

Tim Webb and I had an excellent conversation with Andrew Ross
yesterday which has us excited about the potential of working with the
LTS & PolarSys working groups.  The LTS project has clearly made
excellent progress regarding long term software maintenance, and the
PolarSys group is headed in interesting areas with new packages and
simplified delivery.

Our longevity focus has been on the downstream consumption of the
configured Eclipse environment used and archived as part of a long
term software development lifecycle.   We would like to explore how
this ties in with the current working group initiatives to see what in
which aspects Genuitec may become involved.

I will be at EclipseCon and hope to brainstorm ideas with those of you
attending.  I am curious to hear your perspectives and experiences and
hope we can reach a proposed direction regarding where this work might
best fit. I will be attending both the LTS & PolarSys working group
meetings as my schedule allows.

Cheers,
jkca

p.s. For those interested in our take on software longevity, have a
look at Tim's post on the Genuitec Blog
http://www.genuitec.com/blog/?p=4995

Back to the top