[location-iwg] LocationTech Project Updates

Greetings Location Industry Working Group!

I periodically send out notes to the members and committers to discuss the various goings-on with LocationTech projects.

Project News

The Location Technology top level project has been established. Top level projects are primarily organizational units that provide oversight and guidance for projects that do actual development work. The top level project's charter establishes a scope and a set of ground rules for doing development in the projects that fall under its umbrella. Location has a single top level project for now, but that may change as more projects are added.

New Project Proposals

I am pleased to announce a new project proposal for LocationTech. uDig [1] is an open source desktop application framework, built with Eclipse Rich Client (RCP) technology. uDig provides a complete Java solution for desktop GIS data access, editing, and viewing.

The LocationTech Website

We're working on a better integration of the site login functionality into the look and feel of the LocationTech site; that should be done later this week. In the meantime, you can create an account and add your questions and comments to the proposal.

Thanks,

Wayne

[1] http://www.locationtech.org/proposals/user-friendly-desktop-internet-gis-udig

--