[location-iwg] Proposal Complete? Missing mentors

Looks like our tasks for the uDig proposal are complete (all feedback has been accounted for):

5. Proposal for incubation as part of LocationTech: Live from github: udig-docs/admin/proposal/udig_proposal.html
  •  Contact details
  •  Background
  •  Scope - feedback focused on establishing the scope of "mapping"
  •  Description
  •  Contribution
  •  Committers - this section is unclear; think we need to list names from github
  •  Mentors - need to find mentors
  •  Interested Parties - should hunt down a larger list of downstream projects
  •  Project Scheduling
We are however missing one last step "mentors".

Our two examples take a different approach:
- Aether: Collects two mentors from the architecture committee.
- Marketplace Client Project: grabs a representative from the Eclipse Foundation, and from EclipseSource making no note of their role.

The "Starting a New Project" page recommends: "If necessary, you can request mentors from the Architecture Council via Bugzilla"

Evaluating how successful that will be:
- the Architecture Council shows 75 issues open, oldest one from 2009 (so not that bad) oh wait they only started this in fall 2008 (so perhaps bad)
- three open mentor requests with one from 2010 For the ELF project marked "new"
- so no good guess on turn around time

So with that bit of research in mind I am going to try our email list first...

--
Jody Garnett

Back to the top