Re: [location-iwg] uDig proposal - license

Thanks Mike.

I have sent this suggestion to the udig-devel email list, they have responded well and I have updated our request for change examples to match:
- http://udig.refractions.net/confluence/display/UDIG/License+Change

This is also the part where we contact the wider project community for feedback (http://udig-news.blogspot.com.au/2012/10/udig-license-change.html).
I have been collecting some of the more interesting questions and comments on that page as they occur.

For this email list the interesting feedback is the confusion caused by the name EDL. It was not immediately clear that EDL represents a
normal BSD license (most other communities refer to a "BSD style license" so potential contributors and users know what they are getting into).

There is also a small trouble on the EDL page (where it links to an example of BSD-2-Clause rather than BSD-3-Clause)

--
Jody Garnett