Re: [location-iwg] Incubation Proposal feedback from Wayne on scope and comitters

In simple terms this means focussing on the outcomes required by the broader community.  This relates to "place" or "location".  The emphasis on GIS is very limiting in my view (sorry Jody...)
Right the mandate for LocaitonTech is quite broad and aligns with your direction Ben…

The scope of the uDig project is quite specific (and this is why the focus on a Desktop GIS system).
Indeed "Desktop GIS" scope may be considered too broad by the group here for a viable project, as such feel free to mess with the definition of what makes up a GIS.
Anyway, is there a way I can add comment to this proposal?
For discussion:
- If you reply to this email thread, the uDig project steering committee is signed up to this list.
- You could also join udig-devel and work on this proposal with the project community.

For hands on (use the source luke) collaboration on github: https://github.com/uDig/udig-docs
- If you ask for commit access on udig-devel email list we can set you open with access to that repository, allowing you to use the EDIT button on the website
- If you fork the repository on github, you can issue your feedback via a "pull request' as Wayne did

Jody

Back to the top